As Cooma Little Athletics head into the third rotation of events for this season, many athletes are eclipsing their times and distances. This week there were 49 athletes who had 88 personal best performances. Three athletes enjoyed four P.B.'s on the nights over their four events on their program. These athletes included under 7 Angus Wood, under 8 Justin McDonald and under 12 Jessica Buckland.
Top 10 performances on the track:
1. Jesse Williams in the U12 100 mts, when he blastered through the timing gates in 14.34 sec. The record stands at 13.99 sec.
2. U11 boy Nicholas Zusak also over the 100 mts, Nicholas' time was 14.94 secs.
3. Another boy who is stamping his mark in the 100 mts is U9 Reuben Hooper who is within striking distance of the U9 record. This week Reuben clocked 16.16 sec.
4. Justin McDonald reached 92 per cent of the U8 70 mts record as he careered across the line in 12.18 seconds.
5. Kristian Zusak U8 boy is following in his brothers footsteps with 12.28 sec for the 70 mts equalling.
6. Hugo Steiner U10 boys 100 mts time of 15.78 sec, breaking through the 16 second barrier for the first time.
7. U7 Angus Wood is starting to shine through in the U7s as the season unfolds. This week he reached 90 per cent of the U7s 50 mts in 9.84 sec.
8. U15 Kate Hobbs on her first attempt over the 100 mts for the season clocked an impressive time of 14.75 sec.
9. Kate Hobbs cruised around the track in the 400 mts to come within 11 seconds of the U15 girls record. Kate was encouraged by her 100 mt run gave the boys a run for their money.
10. The U11 girls 400mts was the closest race of the night with Emma McDonald and Brenna Clayton within eight metres of each other as they finally finish the gruelling 400mts. Emma's time was a PB of two seconds 1m 30.75 sec and Brenna shattered her old PB by five seconds down to 1m 32.52 sec.