With the temperature soaring well into the thirties and attendances down, there were some hot performances last week.
Most of the top ten performances occurred in the 70 metres later in the evening.
1. Bailey Rogers ran 10.46 sec in the under 12 70 metres, just half a second off the record.
2. In the under 8s Kristian Zusak ran 11.84 sec and is getting extremely close to the record, and a Personal Best time.
3. Nicholas Zusak is chasing after his age group 70 Mts record to add to his 200 metres hurdles record. Nicholas had an impressive run on the night with 10.40 sec which was the fastest time of the night.
4. Reuben Hooper is pushing hard to capture the under 9 70 metres record and went within four metres of it when he crossed the line in 11.59 sec.
5. Colby McDonald is hot on the heels of Reuben in his attempt to claim the record first. Colby's time of 11.79 sec is within two metres of Reuben. This time gave Colby another P.B. performance.
6. In the under 10 long jump Hugo Steiner leaped 3.64 metres was the sixth best performance on the night.
7. Alyssa Zusak is making sure that her two brothers that she has a great burst of speed as well. This week Alyssa was one second behind the under 12 girls record when she severed the tape in 11.17 sec.
8. Over the last week or so Will Cahill has gained an extra metre of speed per second and this week in the under 11 70 metres he produced a brilliant time of 11.45 sec to collect the eighth best performance on the night.
9. In the under 7s Talon Kelly is moving up the ranks of sprinters with the eighth best sprint time relation to their age group records. This week's run by Talon was also a P.B. clocking 12.39 sec.
10. Charlie Alcock in the 700 metres walk came home in 5m 50.25 sec. This was Charlie's maiden walk over this distance.
Gus Brabham topped the most improved this week with four P.B's. Gus had improvements in 70 metres reducing his time to 13.82 sec, carving over half a second off his old time. Gus also had a small improvement off his 200 metres walk 1m 35.82sec. In the field events Gus collected another two PB's, with a one metre gain in the discus and two and half metres on to his vortex ball.
In the under 9 girls Jessica Norris had an extremely busy night, collecting three PB's. Jessica 's first PB was on the track over the 70 metres with encouraging run of 12.79 sec. Jessica acquired the other two PB's in the throwing events gaining a metre in both the discus (11.21 metres) and shot put (5.03 metres).
ACT Little A's Relay Carnival is next Sunday at Bruce Athletic Track. Please put your name down if you intend to go.