Under 7 Felicity Tame scored a maximum number of four improvements at Little Athletics last Thursday. Felicity picked up her first personal best (PB) in the shot put with heave of 3.20 metres breaking three metres for the first time. The second improvement was in the 100m (20.83 sec) where she cut more than half a second off her previous best time. The third came with the Vortex Ball (the under 7 javelin event), where she surpassed her old best of 8.14m to set a new mark at 8.57m. Felicity's last PB came in the 200m walk where she clipped about half a second off to record 1m 48.17s.
Top 10 track performances
1. The top performance on the night went to Bailey Rogers in the under 12 boys 100m posting his second fastest time this season with 14.44 sec.
2. Under 12 girl Alyssa Zusak is about to break the 15 seconds barrier over 100m, having lowered her time to 15.07sec (PB). With a faster start she will be well into the 14 second bracket very soon.
3. Jessica Norris (U/9 girl) posted the third best performance on track when she clocked 5m 17.29sec for the 700m walk, knocking off nearly a minute from her old PB.
4. Reuben Hooper claimed the fourth and fifth top 10 performances with a sensational run in the 100m to post a great time of 16.50sec and backed this performance up with equaling effort in his first ever 700m walk with 5m 15.86sec.
6. Under 8 Charlie Alcock also enjoyed the walk, as he clocked another PB crossing the line in 5m 40.44sec to claim fifth spot overall.
7. Hugo Steiner (U/10) has returned from holidays ready to pick up from where he left in the 100m. This week he stopped the clock on 15.88sec.
8. Nicholas Zusak (U/11) running back in to form picked up eighth spot as he greeted the judges in 15.53 sec for the 100m.
9. Kristian Zusak (U/8) raced away over the 100m to post his second fastest time for the season with 17.35sec.
10. In the 700m walk Shelly Roberts finished with a time of 5m 30.43sec (PB).
Top 10 performances in the field
1. In top position was Liam Rankin (U/13) who is slowly regaining top form in the triple jump after a forced lay off. Liam is getting the spring back into his legs, this week he leapt to 8.42m.
2. Number two overall in the field went to U/6 boy Damien Kennedy who threw the discus to a new PB by over three and a half metres to record 10.90m.
3. Bailey Rogers (U/12) pulled out a very long triple jump of 8.13 m.
4. Kristian Zusak took his tally of top quality jumps in the long jump to five all over three metres this season. This week Kristian leapt 3.00 exactly.
5. Stephen Davis (U/7) claimed fifth position with PB of 5.24 m -
6. U/8 Justin McDonald's long jump leap of 2.93m put him in sixth position.-
7. Taylah Maurier (U/10) produced a good performance in the girls shot put with 5.79m- her second best throw for the season.-
8. Emma McDonald (U/11) is another girl who loves long jump. This week Emma cleared 3.21m to record the eighth top performance.
9. Charlie Alcock (U/8) is putting plenty of effort into his long jump with his second best leap for the year of 2.86 m.
10. To round off the top 10 field performances is Clara Thornton, another U/8 girl who is giving the boys a run for their money in the shot put. Clara heaved the 1.5kg shot to a new PB and move up into 4m bracket with great throw of 4.10m.
There is less than three weeks to the Regional Champs and entries closes on Thursday evening. So, there's time put your entry in and be apart team Cooma at Regional's.