A fire ripped through the lower floor of a house in Cooma occupied by an elderly man on Wednesday afternoon.
The man was rescued by a neighbour from his Soho Street home, who pulled him out of the burning house. He was taken to Cooma hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
The fire started at 2.30pm on Wednesday and is believed to have begun in grass and bushes in the Nanny Goat Hill reserve behind the house at number three Soho Street.
Fire and Rescue NSW worked to put out the fire that destroyed the lower story of the house at number three Soho Street and called for back up from the Rural Fire Service when it became apparent that another property, a shed, further up Soho Street was also on fire. The fire engulfed the shed destroying a car and other property.