This photo was taken in 1979. The Mill House in Amos Street was built by Alexander Montague and probably his family were the first to live there. It has had other residents through the years and is still owned and occupied and in good condition.
This house was next to Alexander Montague's flour mill, built in 1861. A few ruins of it remain behind Woolworths. Alexander Montague owned much of what we refer to as the East End, including our park.
*From previous photos: The women in the photo of Arthur Johnson in Solomon's store were Betty Power on the left and Margaret Kennedy on the right.
** In the photo with Tania Verstak the woman on the left is Dot Johnson, wife of Arthur.