A renewed search for the missing Canadian bushwalker in the Kosciuzko National Park will start next week.
Prabhdeep Srawn has not been seen or heard from since May 13 last year after he set out on a walk from Charlotte Pass Village to Mount Koscuiszko and then to another mountain nearby.
Monaro Local Area Command Superintendent Rod Smith said the search for Mr Srawn continued throughout the summer months when resources and weather have permitted.
"Now that all the snow drifts have completely melted, we will be conducting a further ground search in the week commencing 17 March," Superintendent Smith said.
"Recent rainfall has affected our plans along with diversion of our resources to other pressing matters.
"We are determined to finish this search and we remain hopeful of being able to bring some news to the Srawn family.
"In saying that, we are also observant of the reality of possibly never finding Mr Srawn. It won't be without our best effort though."
Superindent Smith said National Parks staff and the Westpac Lifesave helicopter would be working alongside local police.
"We will be focussing around the Mount Townsend and lakes areas," he said.
Superintendent Smith said this phase of the search would be conducted over three or four days depending on the weather.
"We have appealed to members of the public through summer to be aware of Mr Srawn's disappearance as they go about their hikes in the park, and to be alert to anything that could be related."
Extensive air and ground search for the the 25-year-old man was abandoned after continuing winter snowfalls hampered the search last year.
Anyone with information related to Mr Srawn's disappearance is asked to contact the the Monaro Local Area Command at Queanbeyan on 62980555, or Jindabyne police on 64562244 or Cooma police on 64520099.