“A new face and fresh ideas. I am the ‘new boy on the block’. My wife and I settled in Cooma as we believe it is a wonderful community. I had 20 years service in the RAAF, 16 years in the Public Sector and five years with Telstra. All in Supply and Purchasing areas, getting value for money for government procurements.
I have spent the majority of my working life outside of major cities in regional and country areas.
As a councillor my plans are to:
* Attract businesses and people to relocate to the Shire
* Ensure infrastructure is maintained and serviced at a high level - roads, footpaths, parks and recreational areas.
* Make Cooma-Monaro a major tourist destination in the Snowy Mountains.
* Support local business, and
* Be visible and accessible to all residents throughout the Shire.
* Interacting with the community and businesses.
* Communicating with the Chamber of Commerce, Snowy Hydro and Tourism Snow Mountains, and
* Involving other key stakeholders.